7 “Hear, O My people, and I will speak,
O Israel, and I will testify against you;
I am God, your God!
8 I will not rebuke you for your sacrifices
Or your burnt offerings,
Which are continually before Me.
9 I will not take a bull from your house,
Nor goats out of your folds.
10 For every beast of the forest is Mine,
And the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know all the birds of the mountains,
And the wild beasts of the field are Mine.
- God, we listen for Your voice. Speak to us clearly that we may hear You.
- We recognize You as the Creator and Owner of the whole earth.
- We have no other way to pay for our sins, but You, Christ. You are our Redeemer and our sacrificial Lamb.
- You own the earth and You are Lord over it all.
12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you;
For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls,
Or drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer to God thanksgiving,
And pay your vows to the Most High.
15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
- O LORD, I know that You do not need me. You are all-sufficient and able.
- You own the entire earth. You do not need my sacrifices unto You.
- You want my thanksgiving and my praise.
- You want me to keep my covenant commitments.
- You want my petitions in my time of trouble.
- Save me, O God, from all the enemies of my soul.
16 But to the wicked God says:
“What right have you to declare My statutes,
Or take My covenant in your mouth,
17 Seeing you hate instruction
And cast My words behind you?
18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him,
And have been a partaker with adulterers.
19 You give your mouth to evil,
And your tongue frames deceit.
20 You sit and speak against your brother;
You slander your own mother’s son.
21 These things you have done, and I kept silent;
You thought that I was altogether like you;
But I will rebuke you,
And set them in order before your eyes.
22 “Now consider this, you who forget God,
Lest I tear you in pieces,
And there be none to deliver:
23 Whoever offers praise glorifies Me;
And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God.”
- The wicked have no right to Your intercession or Your rescue.
- They do not live in covenant with You.
- They ignore Your laws and they ignore Your teachings.
- They sin and have no remorse.
- Rebuke them, O LORD.
- Teach them a lesson and straighten them out.
- Lord, help them realize their error.
- Help them to turn to You and be saved.
- Show them Your salvation and be merciful, just as You were to me, O God.
Artwork from https://64.media.tumblr.com/3305687a28d1458f8535583a2856e3e9/3428a30e5b0526a0-06/s500x750/68ee9b248f91efd6f88707a442009c75d43e8d91.jpg