1 The Mighty One, God the LORD,
Has spoken and called the earth
From the rising of the sun to its going down.
2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God will shine forth.
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silent;
A fire shall devour before Him,
And it shall be very tempestuous all around Him.
- Great God of the whole earth, I give You praise!
- You are the only Lord. You created the earth.
- You make the sun to rise and set.
- You are the bright and glorious God of all. You outshine the stars and make the heavens reflect Your glorious light.
- Lord, come among us and sound Your voice loudly.
- Let the fiery judgment of Your wrath precede You and create a firestorm in the earth.
- Contend on our behalf. We need You!
4 He shall call to the heavens from above,
And to the earth, that He may judge His people:
5 “Gather My saints together to Me,
Those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.”
6 Let the heavens declare His righteousness,
For God Himself is Judge.
- The Lord will call to the angels above and to the people on the earth. He will execute judgment on those who call Him LORD.
- He gathers us to a solemn assembly to remind us of His covenant and to renew His commitment to His people.
- Lord, we declare Your righteousness. We submit to You as our Great God, the judge of the earth.
- Come among us and speak to us. We bow before You and receive Your word.
- Let us be found faithful and true to the Lord of the earth and the heavens.
- Lord, we stop and meditate on Your greatness above all others.