1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.
- Lord, I recognize my sin and ask for Your mercy.
- Please let Your mercy be extended to me. In my sin, I need Your mercy and grace.
- Please forgive my sins, and forget that they existed.
- Wash me with Your blood and set me free from my sinfulness.
- Cleanse me fully and let me walk in Your forgiveness.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.
4 Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight—
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge.
- I admit that I am sinful.
- My faults are constantly screaming in my face.
- My sins are only against You, and no one else.
- My evil is always seen by You.
- You are just, blameless, and right when You speak, so therefore I hear You when You speak.
- Your judgments speak to me. Keep me right, and help me to live holy before You.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
- I was born in sin. Even my conception was riddled with sin.
- You long to cleanse me to the innermost. You can take away all my sins.
- Please implant Your wisdom in the depths of my being.
- Your thoughts will make me whole.
Artwork from https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1IRQTaSo9Nc/maxresdefault.jpg