7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9 Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
- Lord, as my sin cries out to me, purge it from me and make me clean.
- Your cleanses reaches deep and make pure. I need You to cleanse me.
- When my sin is removed and the load is lifted from my shoulders, I will feel gladness, and will rejoice!
- Heal my bones that are broken. Look no longer on my sin. Make them disappear as if they never existed.
- Thank You, O LORD, for forgiveness.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.
- Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
- Just as David cried out, I cry out to You, O LORD. Restore me, help me to walk again in Your ways alone.
- In my redemption, I will lead others to You and walk them toward the light of Your forgiveness and redemption.
- Deliver me from the guilt I possess, for You are the God of my salvation.
- I will sing songs about You. I will praise You with my words upon my lips.
- I will not offer You sacrifice, but I will come before You broken and and repentant.
- I know You will not reject me if I bow and humble myself before the God of redemption.
18 Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion;
Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,
With burnt offering and whole burnt offering;
Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar.
- Please do good to Your people. Build the kingdom in safety.
- Be pleased by our praise, our obedience, and our righteousness.
- We will offer them to You as sacrifices to our God.
- We will offer ourselves upon Your altar and we pray You will receive us.
- Thank You for forgiveness, cleansing, and holiness that comes from Your hand.
Artwork from http://biblia.com/verseoftheday/image/Ps51.10?width=700 AND https://youngdisciples.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/10-20.jpg