Urgent Prayer for the Restored Favor of God
To the Chief Musician. Set to “Lily of the Testimony.” A Michtam of David. For Teaching. When He Fought Against Mesopotamia and Syria of Zobah, and Joab Returned and Killed Twelve Thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt.
1 O God, You have cast us off;
You have broken us down;
You have been displeased;
Oh, restore us again!
2 You have made the earth tremble;
You have broken it;
Heal its breaches, for it is shaking.
3 You have shown Your people hard things;
You have made us drink the wine of confusion.
4 You have given a banner to those who fear You,
That it may be displayed because of the truth.
- Lord, keep me in Your will. Show me Your ways.
- When I stray from Your plan, I know that sorrow and brokenness follow close behind.
- When I fail, please restore me to right standing with You.
- I cannot have peace if You are not with me.
- The whole earth trembles, because it is broken by sin.
- In Your presence, sin trembles and shakes.
- Heal the earth for Your glory.
- Take away our confusion and help us see the truth again.
- Lift up Your standard, Your banner, over us. Display Your care and protection for us once again.
- As I sit and ponder, help me to understand Your truth in the midst of a sinful world.
5 That Your beloved may be delivered,
Save with Your right hand, and hear me.
6 God has spoken in His holiness:
“I will rejoice;
I will divide Shechem
And measure out the Valley of Succoth.
7 Gilead is Mine, and Manasseh is Mine;
Ephraim also is the helmet for My head;
Judah is My lawgiver.
8 Moab is My washpot;
Over Edom I will cast My shoe;
Philistia, shout in triumph because of Me.”
9 Who will bring me to the strong city?
Who will lead me to Edom?
10 Is it not You, O God, who cast us off?
And You, O God, who did not go out with our armies?
11 Give us help from trouble,
For the help of man is useless.
12 Through God we will do valiantly,
For it is He who shall tread down our enemies.
- When I understand You (to the degree that a human being can do so), I will be delivered.
- You are God and I am simply Your humble servant.
- Save me. Hear my prayers and rescue me from the dangers that plague my existence.
- O LORD, just as You watch over Your people Israel and the Promised Land, watch over Your people in the earth today.
- You are the only One that can lead me to my place of promise.
- You lead our efforts to take territory from our enemies.
- You help us in the time of trouble, when no man can.
- I call on You, O LORD, to do great and mighty works in the land of the living.
- Through You alone, God, we will do extraordinary things and win the battle over the enemies of our souls.
- You are God alone, and we will follow You into the fray to overcome and tread down our enemies.