Assurance of God’s Eternal Protection
To the Chief Musician. On A Stringed Instrument. A Psalm of David.
1 Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
- LORD, I long for You today. I need to know that You hear me.
- Please hear my prayer. I cry unto You from every corner of the earth: from the high hills and the low valleys, from the inland passes to the depths of the sea and soaring above in the sky.
- I call on You from a place where it seems life may end.
- I am overwhelmed and uncertain of my end, but I know that You will lead me to a place of safety.
- You are my refuge. You are the Rock that is higher than me or my problems. Take me to You and keep me safe from all harm.
- You are my shelter, like a strong tower that cannot be brought down.
- Let me live in Your tabernacle, in Your presence.
- I trust Your protection when I sit sheltered under Your wings.
5 For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.
6 You will prolong the king’s life,
His years as many generations.
7 He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!
8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
That I may daily perform my vows.
- You hear the promises I make to You.
- You give me and inheritance among my fathers.
- You know I come from a line of believers.
- You prolong my life and give me children in many generations.
- Let me dwell before You, to worship You forever in the heavenlies.
- I long for Your truth. I need Your mercy. Extend them to me one more time.
- Preserve me from this dangerous and evil world.
- Because of Your great acts toward me and on my behalf, I will praise You everywhere and forever!
- I will keep my promises to You and I will live for You, my great King and Lord, my Savior and my God.