A Calm Resolve to Wait for the Salvation of God
To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
1 Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
3 How long will you attack a man?
You shall be slain, all of you,
Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence.
4 They only consult to cast him down from his high position;
They delight in lies;
They bless with their mouth,
But they curse inwardly.
- I wait for You, O LORD. I do not offer words, I only wait in Your presence for Your word.
- You are my salvation, my Rock of Protection and my defense against my enemies.
- I will stand firm and secure because You watch over me and make my feet sure.
- Lord, I know that You will bring the schemes of the enemy to naught and save me from their attacks.
- Their methods are futile and useless against me. They offer blessings, but they inwardly curse me.
- I will stop and meditate on the times and ways You have delivered me from my enemies.
5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
- I do wait silently for You and only You.
- I only expect my help from You.
- You are not only my defense, but also my salvation and my glory.
- I will trust in You at all times.
- I will pour my heart out to You, for You are my refuge.
- You are the refuge for all men and women everywhere.
- I sit silently and think on You and reflect on Your great protection and care for me.
9 Surely men of low degree are a vapor,
Men of high degree are a lie;
If they are weighed on the scales,
They are altogether lighter than vapor.
10 Do not trust in oppression,
Nor vainly hope in robbery;
If riches increase,
Do not set your heart on them.
11 God has spoken once,
Twice I have heard this:
That power belongs to God.
12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy;
For You render to each one according to his work.
- I know that all humanity faces death, as the lives of lowly men are like a vapor that disappears in winter, and men of high regard do not last, like a lie exposed.
- If we are weighed on a scale, we measure up to nothing but air, for we are temporary and frail.
- I will not chase after ill-gotten gain, for it burns up in a moment.
- I know, Lord, that the only true power belongs to You.
- Help me to always depend on Your power, Your mercy, and Your grace. You alone are my help and my source.
- You will reward me as I follow You. Keep me in the center of Your will, and show me Your way. I will follow You!
Artwork from https://www.createapeacefulhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Psalm-62-1-2.jpg AND https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1457/1636/products/OceanRocksPSALM62-6Web_720x.jpg?v=1604243217