Joy in the Fellowship of God
A Psalm of David When He Was in the Wilderness of Judah.
1 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
4 Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
7 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
8 My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
- Lord, I recognize as God over my life and over the whole earth.
- I long to find You early in the morning and all day long.
- I am thirsty for You and long for You, as a man who is dry, lost, and dying.
- I come to Your sanctuary and look for You.
- I need and desire Your power and Your glory in my life.
- I long for You because Your mercy and love are more important than my next breath.
- I praise You, mighty God, and I bless You and will do so as long as there is breath in my body.
- Lord, You satisfy me completely. I receive more blessings from You than I will ever need and more than I can handle.
- I praise You will all my being, lifting up my hands and declaring Your greatness with lips full of joy.
- I lie awake at night thinking of Your greatness.
- You are my meditation during the wee hours of the night.
- You are my help, and I long to hide under Your powerful wings.
- Let me follow close behind You in Your footsteps, for You lead me to a good place.
- Uphold me with Your hand of power, and I will be strong.
9 But those who seek my life, to destroy it,
Shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
10 They shall fall by the sword;
They shall be a portion for jackals.
11 But the king shall rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him shall glory;
But the mouth of those who speak lies shall be stopped.
- Lord, let my enemies come up against absolute resistance.
- Let my enemies be stopped in their tracks.
- Deliver me from those who would destroy me and end their pursuit of the righteous.
- Let the leaders of Your kingdom rejoice in Your protection and safety.
- Let those who serve You glory in Your joyful leadership.
- But let the liars who work against You and Your Kingdom be silenced, for they only pervert the truth.
- Keep us as we follow You, O LORD!