8 Oh, bless our God, you peoples!
And make the voice of His praise to be heard,
9 Who keeps our soul among the living,
And does not allow our feet to be moved.
10 For You, O God, have tested us;
You have refined us as silver is refined.
11 You brought us into the net;
You laid affliction on our backs.
12 You have caused men to ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water;
But You brought us out to rich fulfillment.
- Lord, I will bless You with my mouth. I will make Your praises known to the world!
- I will praise You because You preserve my life.
- I will praise You because You steady my steps and help me walk through this evil world.
- I will praise You because You have tested me and are perfecting me.
- I will praise You because You have chastened me when I did wrong in order to teach me.
- I will praise You because You because You have put me under the leadership of good leaders and bad leaders that I might learn how to serve both.
- I will praise You because despite the fire and despite the water You took me through, You also brought me out and gave me fulfillment on the other side.
- You are a great, mighty, praiseworthy God!
13 I will go into Your house with burnt offerings;
I will pay You my vows,
14 Which my lips have uttered
And my mouth has spoken when I was in trouble.
15 I will offer You burnt sacrifices of fat animals,
With the sweet aroma of rams;
I will offer bulls with goats.
- I will offer You my heart and my soul as an offering.
- I will fulfill my promises made to You in my distress.
- I will give You of my increase, because it came from You to begin with.
- You have satisfied my soul, met my needs, and increased my portion.
- I will praise You with all my being.
- I will meditate on Your goodness and greatness, for You are awesome.