8 The earth shook;
The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God;
Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
9 You, O God, sent a plentiful rain,
Whereby You confirmed Your inheritance,
When it was weary.
10 Your congregation dwelt in it;
You, O God, provided from Your goodness for the poor.
- Lord, the earth You created responds to Your voice and to Your presence.
- When You walk in it, the earth shakes and the rain falls. Even the mountains move!
- You are the creator, the sustainer, and the redeemer of the earth.
- You restore the strength of the earth to make it useful to Your people.
- You make the grain to grow and food to provide for the poor and needy.
- Lord, give us all that we need and more, that we may provide to those in need.
11 The Lord gave the word;
Great was the company of those who proclaimed it:
12 “Kings of armies flee, they flee,
And she who remains at home divides the spoil.
13 Though you lie down among the sheepfolds,
You will be like the wings of a dove covered with silver,
And her feathers with yellow gold.”
14 When the Almighty scattered kings in it,
It was white as snow in Zalmon.
- Lord, at Your word, kings and their armied run away from You.
- God, I ask You to scatter my enemies and allow me to partake of their goods.
- Lord, even when I cannot see my provision, I know You are the Provider.
- Bring me what I need, for I am unable to care for myself, and I will prosper.
- When You provide for me, I will be covered in silver and gold, and my possessions will cover the ground where I live. That is the extent of Your ability to provide, O LORD!
15 A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan;
A mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
16 Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of many peaks?
This is the mountain which God desires to dwell in;
Yes, the LORD will dwell in it forever.
17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand,
Even thousands of thousands;
The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.
18 You have ascended on high,
You have led captivity captive;
You have received gifts among men,
Even from the rebellious,
That the LORD God might dwell there.
- Lord, I will not quibble over who has what. You provide for me exactly what I need.
- I will not envy what someone else possesses, for I know that You give me exactly what is needed.
- Dwell with me and all Your people, that we may see Your glory for ourselves.
- You are the great King, mighty in battle, with thousands upon thousands who follow You in to battle.
- You are in heaven hearing my prayers. Ascend, O LORD, to a high place of glory.
- Lead my enemies into captivity and deliver me from their schemes.
- Make the rebellious to bow before You.
- Dwell with me. Be my Sinai, be my Bashan. I worship You!
19 Blessed be the Lord,
Who daily loads us with benefits,
The God of our salvation!
- I bless You, Lord, for the way you load me up with beneficial provision. What You give is always good.
- Provide for me and I will not want. Give me what You know I need and more, that I may give to others in need.
- You are the God of my salvation. I meditate on You and Your love and care for me, O LORD. You are my Savior. You are great!
Artwork from https://iliveforjesus.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/blesses-be-the-lord.jpeg