1 Let God arise,
Let His enemies be scattered;
Let those also who hate Him flee before Him.
2 As smoke is driven away,
So drive them away;
As wax melts before the fire,
So let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
3 But let the righteous be glad;
Let them rejoice before God;
Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly.
- Lord, show Yourself victorious over Your enemies.
- Scatter them like smoke blows in the wind, and like the wax of a candle melts under the heat of a flame.
- Lord, destroy those who would stand in the way of Your kingdom, and I will rejoice in You!
4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.
5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
6 God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
- I praise You, O LORD, for You are He who rides in the sky, the LORD of all.
- I will sing about You, the One who cares for orphans and widows and brings the lonely into families.
- You are the Father who prospers those in need, while the rebellious sit alone in lack.
7 O God, when You went out before Your people,
When You marched through the wilderness,
- Lord, You are an ominous force. You are awe-inspiring when You lead Your people and march before Your armies into battle.
- I meditate on Your greatness in the earth.
- You make me thankful to be Your child.
Artwork from https://gregsloop.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/let-god-arise.jpg