God the Rock of Salvation
1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame.
2 Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape;
Incline Your ear to me, and save me.
3 Be my strong refuge,
To which I may resort continually;
You have given the commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress.
- O LORD, You are my source and strength!
- There is no one in the world I can trust but You.
- Save me from defeat and shame.
- Deliver me from my attackers and let Your righteousness be my way of escape.
- Hear me when I call, and hide me in Your fortress.
- Let me know that You have dispatched angels to guard me and save me.
- I know You are watching over me. Let me see the reality of my faith in You.
4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked,
Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
5 For You are my hope, O Lord GOD;
You are my trust from my youth.
6 By You I have been upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb.
My praise shall be continually of You.
- Lord, cruel men and women pursue me, seeking to kill me.
- Deliver me from these wicked and unrighteous enemies.
- I have sought Your face from the time I was a child.
- You have never failed me.
- I praise You for Your faithfulness and I ask for You to continually watch over my life, as I am now older and still pursued.
- Keep me safe in Your presence!
7 I have become as a wonder to many,
But You are my strong refuge.
8 Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day.
9 Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
Do not forsake me when my strength fails.
10 For my enemies speak against me;
And those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together,
11 Saying, “God has forsaken him;
Pursue and take him, for there is none to deliver him.”
- People have wondered how I am even still alive.
- They scoff at my success and predict my demise.
- However, they do not understand the strength and ability of the God that I serve.
- God, because of your greatness, I will praise You every day and glorify Your name.
- Let me stay in Your grace for all my days, even when I am old and weaker.
- Make my enemies to know that You will never forsake me.
- When they think that I am weak, show them that You, O LORD, are always strong.
- Be my shield and help in my time of need. For this, I will praise You all of my days.
- Thank You for Your powerful help and defense!
Artwork from https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/b6/67/5bb667936a1b8ee4351882a6c8b35dca.png