12 O God, do not be far from me;
O my God, make haste to help me!
13 Let them be confounded and consumed
Who are adversaries of my life;
Let them be covered with reproach and dishonor
Who seek my hurt.
14 But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.
- God, as my enemies pursue me on every hand, come near me and protect me.
- I need Your help to fight against them.
- Confound their thinking and consume their energy that they may not be able to harm me.
- Bring shame and scolding upon those who would hurt me.
- In any case, I will believe in You, O my Lord.
- I will praise You for Your marvelous works and protection of my soul.
- I will not cease to speak of them, for they are endless.
- I will succeed and be victorious because of Your strength within me.
- You will be the only One Who will be praised for my salvation.
17 O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.
19 Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high,
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
20 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21 You shall increase my greatness,
And comfort me on every side.
- My God, You have shown me Your truth since I was a mere child.
- For all You have shown me, I will praise You and lift You on high.
- Now that I am old, do not forsake me, for I long to declare Your truth and greatness to the generations that come after me.
- Who is like You, O LORD? No one compares to Your power and might.
- You are the only true and holy God!
- Even though I have been through horrible troubles, I know that You are able to deliver me.
- Revive me, O LORD! Bring me up from my pit and set me aright again.
- Restore what has been lost and increase me that I may praise You and bless others in Your name.
- Comfort me in my sorrow and woe, and lift my eyes that I may see you once again.
22 Also with the lute I will praise You—
And Your faithfulness, O my God!
To You I will sing with the harp,
O Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You,
And my soul, which You have redeemed.
24 My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long;
For they are confounded,
For they are brought to shame
Who seek my hurt.
- I will play music unto You for Your faithfulness.
- I will sing of Your holiness.
- I will rejoice in Your redemption of my soul.
- I will speak of Your righteousness and holiness to anyone who will listen.
- I will rejoice that my enemies fail when they try to destroy me.
- I will be glad that their shame comes from their desire to hurt me and anyone who would declare Your truth, Your gospel, and Your righteousness.
- I will glory in You, O God!