Prayer to Frustrate Conspiracy Against Israel
A Song. A Psalm of Asaph.
1 Do not keep silent, O God!
Do not hold Your peace,
And do not be still, O God!
2 For behold, Your enemies make a tumult;
And those who hate You have lifted up their head.
3 They have taken crafty counsel against Your people,
And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.
4 They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation,
That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.”
5 For they have consulted together with one consent;
They form a confederacy against You:
6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
Moab and the Hagrites;
7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek;
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
8 Assyria also has joined with them;
They have helped the children of Lot.
- I need to hear from You, O LORD!
- Please do not ignore me or remain silent.
- Your enemies and my enemies stir up a fuss and pick a fight.
- They work against Your people and Your church.
- They long to marginalize the church and eventually eradicate it.
- All the hosts of the ungodly, the unsaved, the unrighteous, join together in alliance against the church and You, O God.
- This is a tough time for the children of God.
- We are in need of Your voice and Your power.
- We meditate on our plight, but we continue to believe and trust in You, O LORD.
9 Deal with them as with Midian,
As with Sisera,
As with Jabin at the Brook Kishon,
10 Who perished at En Dor,
Who became as refuse on the earth.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and like Zeeb,
Yes, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 Who said, “Let us take for ourselves
The pastures of God for a possession.”
13 O my God, make them like the whirling dust,
Like the chaff before the wind!
14 As the fire burns the woods,
And as the flame sets the mountains on fire,
15 So pursue them with Your tempest,
And frighten them with Your storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O LORD.
17 Let them be confounded and dismayed forever;
Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the LORD,
Are the Most High over all the earth.
- Lord, rise up and deal with the evil onslaught against Your people.
- We call on Your name in prayer. We call upon You to help us. We need You desperately!
- Wipe out the enemies of Your people. Destroy their weapons. Put your enemies in shackles and stop their actions completely.
- Turn their threats back upon them, O LORD. Declare their power null and void.
- Make them like the dust driven by the wind.
- Let Your action be like a consuming fire, setting them aflame.
- Sweep through their camp like a tempestuous storm.
- Let the quake in fear of Your power. Let them be ashamed, and dismayed, confounded by the thundering of Your voice.
- Let them know without doubt that You are the LORD, the Most High God over all the earth.
- Remind them of their frailty and humanity before the mighty hand of God.
- Convince them, even though they are stiff-necked and arrogant, that You are God alone, that there is no other beside You.