Prayer that the LORD Will Restore Favor to the Land
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm Of the Sons of Korah.
1 Lord, You have been favorable to Your land;
You have brought back the captivity of Jacob.
2 You have forgiven the iniquity of Your people;
You have covered all their sin.
- Lord, Your people are called blessed.
- You have forgiven us.
- You have rescued us.
- You have restored us.
- You are the source of all that is good in the life of the church and in the life of the Christian.
- I stop and meditate on You goodness.
3 You have taken away all Your wrath;
You have turned from the fierceness of Your anger.
4 Restore us, O God of our salvation,
And cause Your anger toward us to cease.
5 Will You be angry with us forever?
Will You prolong Your anger to all generations?
6 Will You not revive us again,
That Your people may rejoice in You?
7 Show us Your mercy, LORD,
And grant us Your salvation.
- Lord, turn away Your displeasure and wrath.
- Please calm Your anger and allow us peace with You and others.
- I cannot fathom the idea of being in the nexus of Your wrath.
- Cut off Your silence and revive me while I am alive.
- I long to rejoice in You, in Your mercy and grace.
- Remind me of the joy of Your salvation. You are my Lord and my God, my Redeemer.
8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak,
For He will speak peace
To His people and to His saints;
But let them not turn back to folly.
9 Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him,
That glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth have met together;
Righteousness and peace have kissed.
11 Truth shall spring out of the earth,
And righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12 Yes, the LORD will give what is good;
And our land will yield its increase.
13 Righteousness will go before Him,
And shall make His footsteps our pathway.
- Lord, I listen only to Your voice, and not another.
- You speak peace, and not torment.
- You draw us upward and onward, and do not allow us to stagnate in our mediocrity.
- I will fear You and declare Your glory. The whole world will know Your glory!
- When I dwell in Your presence, it is as if mercy and truth met in a caress of love.
- They kiss as Truth springs forth from the earth, and Righteousness looks down from heaven.
- In Your grace and mercy, give us what is good and allow our work to increase, O LORD.
- Show us righteousness, and give us the strength to follow it all our days.
- We are evil and lost at heart, but You lead us into ways everlasting. We will follow You, O God.