38 But You have cast off and abhorred,
You have been furious with Your anointed.
39 You have renounced the covenant of Your servant;
You have profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40 You have broken down all his hedges;
You have brought his strongholds to ruin.
41 All who pass by the way plunder him;
He is a reproach to his neighbors.
42 You have exalted the right hand of his adversaries;
You have made all his enemies rejoice.
43 You have also turned back the edge of his sword,
And have not sustained him in the battle.
44 You have made his glory cease,
And cast his throne down to the ground.
45 The days of his youth You have shortened;
You have covered him with shame.
- Lord, when I obey You, You bless me beyond measure. However, when I fail You, You have no choice but to chasten me. This is right and should be expected.
- My sorrow over my own sin convicts me and makes me mourn.
- Your discipline can seem severe, but it will drive me to excellence and growth.
- Show me Your way that I may follow You and please You with my life.
- When You take away my glory, help me to reflect Yours.
- When my kingdom falls, help me to see Your kingdom come.
- When I am weak, lift me up with Your strength.
- When my life seems to be ebbing away, raise me up and make me live.
- I long to live for You. Correct me and help me that I may glorify You with my life.
- I sit and think and meditate on Your glory and my sinfulness. I long to glorify You.