24 “But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him,
And in My name his horn shall be exalted.
25 Also I will set his hand over the sea,
And his right hand over the rivers.
26 He shall cry to Me, ‘You are my Father,
My God, and the rock of my salvation.’
27 Also I will make him My firstborn,
The highest of the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy I will keep for him forever,
And My covenant shall stand firm with him.
29 His seed also I will make to endure forever,
And his throne as the days of heaven.
- Lord, show me Your faithfulness and Your mercy.
- Give me strength that I may overcome the enemy, and reign over my world for You.
- Give me dominion over Satan and help me to combat him on every side.
- I call You Father, God, and Rock of my salvation.
- Give me Your blessing and set me in authority to serve You and make Your name known.
- Allow me to serve You in covenant all of my days, and let me dwell in Your presence forever.
30 “If his sons forsake My law
And do not walk in My judgments,
31 If they break My statutes
And do not keep My commandments,
32 Then I will punish their transgression with the rod,
And their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him,
Nor allow My faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.
35 Once I have sworn by My holiness;
I will not lie to David:
36 His seed shall endure forever,
And his throne as the sun before Me;
37 It shall be established forever like the moon,
Even like the faithful witness in the sky.”
- Guide me with mercy when I am right, and correct me with discipline when I am wrong.
- I need Your guidance and help to be holy.
- Be faithful to Your word, and carry me through my moments of weakness and trouble.
- I trust You completely, and know that You will neither fail me nor Your word.
- Let me live in eternity with You when my life here is over, and allow me to dwell in Your presence forevermore!