Joy in Forgiveness of Israel’s Sins
1 Praise the LORD!
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
2 Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD?
Who can declare all His praise?
3 Blessed are those who keep justice,
And he who does righteousness at all times!
- Lord, I praise You. You are good and merciful for all time and eternity.
- I cannot begin to declare all Your great acts.
- No one can speak of Your praiseworthy actions. You are powerful and just.
- Everything You do speaks of righteousness. You are amazing and glorious!
4 Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people.
Oh, visit me with Your salvation,
5 That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones,
That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation,
That I may glory with Your inheritance.
- Lord, I humbly ask for You to remember me like You remember Your chosen people.
- Save me, O LORD, for I am lost without You.
- Let me enjoy all Your benefits, just like ancient Israel.
- Make me glad and fill me with joy!
- Give me a spiritual inheritance as glorious as the land of Canaan was for Israel.
6 We have sinned with our fathers,
We have committed iniquity,
We have done wickedly.
7 Our fathers in Egypt did not understand Your wonders;
They did not remember the multitude of Your mercies,
But rebelled by the sea—the Red Sea.
8 Nevertheless He saved them for His name’s sake,
That He might make His mighty power known.
9 He rebuked the Red Sea also, and it dried up;
So He led them through the depths,
As through the wilderness.
10 He saved them from the hand of him who hated them,
And redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
11 The waters covered their enemies;
There was not one of them left.
12 Then they believed His words;
They sang His praise.
- I am a sinful man, and I have often failed You.
- Generations have failed You, and we have all rebelled.
- Yet you saved us in spite of ourselves.
- You have made yourself known by saving us, by opening ways for us where there were none.
- You rescued us from the hands of our enemies, You have rebuked them for our sakes.
- Protect us, O LORD, and keep us safe in spite of our circumstances.
- Stop our enemies from their pursuit of us, and remove them from our land.
- We believe in You, and we declare Your greatness.