37 He also brought them out with silver and gold,
And there was none feeble among His tribes.
38 Egypt was glad when they departed,
For the fear of them had fallen upon them.
39 He spread a cloud for a covering,
And fire to give light in the night.
40 The people asked, and He brought quail,
And satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
41 He opened the rock, and water gushed out;
It ran in the dry places like a river.
42 For He remembered His holy promise,
And Abraham His servant.
43 He brought out His people with joy,
His chosen ones with gladness.
44 He gave them the lands of the Gentiles,
And they inherited the labor of the nations,
45 That they might observe His statutes
And keep His laws.
Praise the Lord!
- Lord, again, Your example of Israel is so encouraging to me today!
- When you delivered Israel from Egypt, they did not walk away empty-handed, with nothing upon which to build their future.
- You instructed them to plunder the Egyptians, and they did without resistance.
- The nation of Egypt was thankful to see Israel depart!
- Make our enemies long for our departure. Give us dominance and spiritual victory in spiritual warfare.
- Lord, lead us to our destiny with Your light and Your covering.
- Give us spiritual food, bread and meat, and give us water to drink for our journey.
- Show us Your faithfulness, and fulfill Your promises. You always have, and we believe You always will.
- Give us joy and gladness in the presence of our enemies.
- Give us the promised inheritance that You designed for us.
- Give us an understanding of Your will and purpose for our lives, and give us the strength to follow it faithfully and courageously.
- We praise You for Your goodness, and we lift up Your name all the day long!