33 He turns rivers into a wilderness,
And the watersprings into dry ground;
34 A fruitful land into barrenness,
For the wickedness of those who dwell in it.
35 He turns a wilderness into pools of water,
And dry land into watersprings.
36 There He makes the hungry dwell,
That they may establish a city for a dwelling place,
37 And sow fields and plant vineyards,
That they may yield a fruitful harvest.
38 He also blesses them, and they multiply greatly;
And He does not let their cattle decrease.
- Lord, You are the most powerful being to ever exist. You are God.
- You can make good things change to worthless in Your judgment of evil men and women.
- You can make desolate places flourish for Your glory for Your people, especially the oppressed and poor.
- You bring fruitfulness to barren places and food for the hungry.
- You make us multiply and flourish.
- Lord, let all our efforts succeed and let all our production be fruitful.
- Give us food for our stomachs and waters to quench our thirst.
- Judge those who are evil in Your time and at Your discretion, but bless those who worship You.
39 When they are diminished and brought low
Through oppression, affliction and sorrow,
40 He pours contempt on princes,
And causes them to wander in the wilderness where there is no way;
41 Yet He sets the poor on high, far from affliction,
And makes their families like a flock.
42 The righteous see it and rejoice,
And all iniquity stops its mouth.
43 Whoever is wise will observe these things,
And they will understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.
- Lord, I do not want to draw Your wrath upon me. I long to please You all my days.
- I do not desire oppression, affliction, or sorrow. I want to be in Your grace at all times.
- Set me in a place of influence, a place of prosperity, so that I may declare You to the world!
- Give me children and grandchildren that I may inhabit the earth. Shut the mouths of all my detractors and my enemies.
- I will rejoice in You, O LORD!
- Make me wise that I may hear Your instructions and see Your great works.
- I want to experience and know Your mercy and grace, that I may impart Your lovingkindness to all the peoples of the earth. You are the great God of all creation!