Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death
1 I love the LORD, because He has heard My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
- Lord, thank You that You hear my prayers!
- You turn Your ear toward me, Your child, and answer me with Your perfect and wonderful provision.
- I will always call on You in my time of trouble and in my time of thankfulness and appreciation.
3 The pains of death surrounded me,
And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
- When my life seems to be in jeopardy, protect me and help me, O LORD.
- Hell rages against my soul, and trouble and sorrow chase me down.
- But I know that my Savior is with me. I know You will save me from my enemies!
- Be with me at all times, Lord, and watch over my soul. Save me in my distress!
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
- Lord, I need Your grace. You are full of grace and mercy, gifts of which I am in need.
- Keep me from my own mistakes. Lift me up from my sorrow when I fail.
- Guide my steps that I would not sin.
- Give my soul rest when I am weary. Show me Your love and compassion that I may live.
- I will rejoice in Your greatness and love.
- I will live in Your grace forever. I will praise You for You are my source and my great Savior, O LORD!