9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.
- Lord, I long for Your word to be in my consciousness at all times.
- Let Your word be in my mind and let it keep me from sin. Cleanse my thoughts, my actions, and my heart.
- Lord, I will search for You every day and read Your word. You are my obsession, my focus, my love!
- I long to hide Your word in my heart. As Your word fills my heart, it will keep out the sins that would snare me. Fill me with Your knowledge and Your laws, that I might be holy before You.
- Your way is blessed and Your statutes are true. I will declare them at all times. All that comes from Your mouth I want to repeat and declare.
- Your teaching is more valuable that silver and gold, than all riches.
- I will think on Your Word and Your thoughts, meditate and contemplate Your ways and musings, all day, for Your ways are pure, great, and awe-inspiring.
- I delight in You. I enjoy Your laws and Your teachings. I cannot get them out of my head. They are glorious and powerful! Your Word frees me, inspires me, pulls me in and sends me out to minister in Your name.