17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.
18 Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.
19 I am a stranger in the earth;
Do not hide Your commandments from me.
20 My soul breaks with longing
For Your judgments at all times.
21 You rebuke the proud—the cursed,
Who stray from Your commandments.
22 Remove from me reproach and contempt,
For I have kept Your testimonies.
23 Princes also sit and speak against me,
But Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
24 Your testimonies also are my delight
And my counselors.
- Lord, give me what You know that I need in abundance.
- Help me to live according to Your word, and to operate as Your servant.
- Give me spiritual vision, a depth of understanding that allows me to know wonderful things that are hidden in Your word.
- Sometimes I do not even feel like I fit in this world. I am a stranger walking among people I do not know or that cannot identify with my faith.
- Help me to know Your laws and commandments. They will save me!
- I hunger and long for Your judgments.
- Help me to be humble and not proud. I know You will not tolerate pride.
- Keep me holy and within Your law and will.
- I keep Your statutes in spite of the enemies that oppose me.
- Make me strong in the face of opposition, even from the government or leadership of a city, state, or nation.
- I meditate on You at all times. I delight in Your words and thoughts. You are my counsel and my joy.