97 Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
For they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.
102 I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.
- Lord, I love Your word. Help me to read it, think about it, and live it all day long.
- Let me know Your word so well that it is my credo to live by. Make me wise by Your word so that no one can outsmart me or be wiser than me.
- Lord, I long to learn of Your word so well that I surpass my teachers, and understand better than my ancestors and leaders of old. I do not wish to shame anyone, I just want to know You more and better every day!
- May Your word keep me from evil and make me holy.
- Help me to remember and live by Your truth and your teachings at all times. Make me cognizant of Your judgements and teach me more every day.
- Lord, make me love Your word, even more, so that they taste sweeter than honey to me, and I desire them at all times.
- Give me understanding, that I may know how to live every day in Your will.
- Keep lying from my lips, and cause truth and blessing to come from my mouth whenever I speak.
- May Your word always lead me to righteousness, wisdom, and truth, and keep me from evil. You are my God, my Guide, and all that is good in this world!