129 Your testimonies are wonderful;
Therefore my soul keeps them.
130 The entrance of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.
131 I opened my mouth and panted,
For I longed for Your commandments.
132 Look upon me and be merciful to me,
As Your custom is toward those who love Your name.
133 Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no iniquity have dominion over me.
134 Redeem me from the oppression of man,
That I may keep Your precepts.
135 Make Your face shine upon Your servant,
And teach me Your statutes.
136 Rivers of water run down from my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law.
- Lord, I want to hearken to the words of Your mouth.
- Help me to keep them all and live according to Your testimonies.
- Your word always brings light into the room. You help those who are not learned or skilled to understand through the work and enlightenment of the Holy Spirit.
- I long for You. Fulfill my heart’s desire to hear Your word. Your commandments, Your promises, Your precepts: they all refresh my soul and direct my path. Show me daily the way in which I should go.
- I long for You to see me and notice me, to extend Your hand to me, to forgive me as You have so many times before.
- Direct me in the paths Your word lays in front of me.
- Help me to say no to every temptation and to shun sin whenever it presents itself.
- Do not let my flesh or any sin hold sway over me. Make me strong and cause me to live righteously at all times.
- Shine on me, O LORD. Bless me when I am worthy. Be graceful to me when I am weak. Teach me the deep things of God.
- I weep for Your word and Your presence. Water runs down my face when I see men and women ignoring Your law. Help me to declare Your word and encourage others to open their hearts to receive!