137 Righteous are You, O LORD,
And upright are Your judgments.
138 Your testimonies, which You have commanded,
Are righteous and very faithful.
139 My zeal has consumed me,
Because my enemies have forgotten Your words.
140 Your word is very pure;
Therefore Your servant loves it.
141 I am small and despised,
Yet I do not forget Your precepts.
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,
And Your law is truth.
143 Trouble and anguish have overtaken me,
Yet Your commandments are my delights.
144 The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting;
Give me understanding, and I shall live.
- Lord, there is no sin or iniquity found in You.
- Everything You do is right and holy.
- Your words and commands are faithful. No one can question Your testimony.
- I hate that others do not see the value of Your word. They do not value Your judgments, and this is wrong. Make me love Your word every day!
- Your word is pure. I cannot question it or declare it void. I love Your word and desire it in my soul daily.
- My approval is of little value to you, but I offer it willingly. I will not forget Your word or Your truth.
- Your word is eternal and does not disappear or wear out. Your holiness is forever. Your law is true now and forevermore.
- When I am in trouble, Your word comforts me and makes me joyful. Keep me when I am in distress.
- I long to understand Your word. Give me understanding, for it will sustain me when I am weak and overrun by my enemies. Your everlasting truth will keep me. I stand on You and Your word alone!