Plea for Relief from Bitter Foes
A Song of Ascents.
1 In my distress I cried to the LORD, And He heard me.
2 Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips
And from a deceitful tongue.
3 What shall be given to you,Psalm 120:1-4
Or what shall be done to you,
You false tongue?
4 Sharp arrows of the warrior,
With coals of the broom tree!
- Lord, I thank You that You hear me when I pray!
- Your faithfulness rescues me from my enemies.
- Deliver me from the liars who would destroy my name, reputation, and peace.
- Stop their unholy tongues and cause their lips to close.
- Let their deceit not issue forth from their mouths.
- Lord, send Your powerful judgment upon the lying one who would destroy the people of God.
- Shoot Your sharp arrows at them and set them on fire.
- Destroy their works and make them regret their actions.
5 Woe is me, that I dwell in Meshech,Psalm 120:5-7
That I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
6 My soul has dwelt too long
With one who hates peace.
7 I am for peace;
But when I speak, they are for war.
- Lord, I regret the fact that I live in a sinful land.
- Unholy and violent people have made me uneasy with their dangerous threats and abjectly horrible actions.
- I have lived with this stress long enough.
- Give me peace, O LORD, and stop the violent hands of my enemies.
- Deliver me from the war that rages around me, and keep me safe.
- Thank you for Your constant protection and grace, O LORD!