Song of Victory Over Zion’s Enemies
A Song of Ascents.
1 “Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth,”
Let Israel now say—
2 “Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth;
Yet they have not prevailed against me.
3 The plowers plowed on my back;
They made their furrows long.”
4 The LORD is righteous;
He has cut in pieces the cords of the wicked.
- Lord, I had been attacked many times.
- My spirit has been low because of the enemies of my soul.
- How can I respond? What can make me glad again?
- You remind me, O LORD, that their attacks have not stopped me.
- Your strength has kept me from death.
- Although I am carrying scars on my back from their constant riding, I am strong and alive.
- The Lord has cut up the ropes that held me bound.
- I am alive because of You and Your protection and defense, Lord!
5 Let all those who hate Zion
Be put to shame and turned back.
6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops,
Which withers before it grows up,
7 With which the reaper does not fill his hand,
Nor he who binds sheaves, his arms.
8 Neither let those who pass by them say,
“The blessing of the LORD be upon you;
We bless you in the name of the LORD!”
- Lord, make my enemies ashamed.
- Let them wither up like grass growing on rocks when the sun beats down upon them.
- Let their fields cease to produce fruit.
- I pray that the prosperity of the enemy will come into my hands, and that they will fail miserably.
- Lord, keep my enemies at bay and prosper me as I follow You faithfully.