Waiting for the Redemption of the LORD
A Song of Ascents.
1 Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD;
2 Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplications.
3 If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.
- Lord, I am in the deepest moment of my life, and I cry out to You with all my heart.
- Hear me, Lord, for I need Your help.
- Please open Your ears to my cry, and let my voice resonate in Your thoughts.
- I know I do not deserve Your answer, for I am sinful.
- No one deserves Your attention, no one!
- Extend Your mercy to me and allow me for be forgiven.
- I fear You and I will be in awe of You at all times in response to Your grace and mercy.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
7 O Israel, hope in the LORD;
For with the LORD there is mercy,
And with Him is abundant redemption.
8 And He shall redeem Israel
From all his iniquities.
- I wait for You, O LORD. I will sit and wait for You, hoping in You and believing in You.
- My soul is in limbo, anxiously awaiting the sound of Your voice, or a view of Your hand reaching to me.
- Those who lie awake all night waiting for the sunrise do not understand my patience, or lack thereof.
- I wish everyone would believe in the Lord, knowing His faithfulness, expecting His response.
- He is a merciful God and His grace is abundant.
- Redeem us, Lord, and show us Your lovingkindness.
- Cleanse us from our sins and remove our iniquities.
- Your grace is all that saves us. We thank You for Your grace!