Praise to God in Creation and Redemption
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise the name of the LORD;
Praise Him, O you servants of the LORD!
2 You who stand in the house of the LORD,
In the courts of the house of our God,
3 Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good;
Sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant.
4 For the LORD has chosen Jacob for Himself,
Israel for His special treasure.
- Lord, I will praise You. I will lift Your name up high!
- As Your humble servant, I will exalt You above all others.
- I will praise and worship Your name as I stand in Your house, among the people of God.
- I will encourage my brothers and sisters to lift up Your great works and Your greatness when I am with the people in church and other gatherings of the body.
- You are good, O LORD!
- Your name in honorable and powerful, without compare or equal.
- Your name brings deliverance and peace to the soul.
- You chose me and made me precious in Your eyes.
- How can I not praise You? How can I not worship You?
- How can I remain silent? Every soul within the sound of my voice should hea
5 For I know that the LORD is great,
And our Lord is above all gods.
6 Whatever the LORD pleases He does,
In heaven and in earth,
In the seas and in all deep places.
7 He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth;
He makes lightning for the rain;
He brings the wind out of His treasuries.
- Lord, You are great beyond comparison. You are powerful and mighty in all the earth.
- You are greater than the idols men worship. You are more powerful than the activities that clutter men’s affections and steal their time.
- You are God over all the earth and the heavens.
- I will praise You all over the earth, and will declare Your greatness to all who may hear me.
- You are the God of the whole earth. The skies, the seas, the deep underground, they all are subject to Your will and purpose.
- You make water evaporate and rain fall. The wind is at Your command. You are the Lord of all the earth and I will declare You in it!
8 He destroyed the firstborn of Egypt,
Both of man and beast.
9 He sent signs and wonders into the midst of you, O Egypt,
Upon Pharaoh and all his servants.
10 He defeated many nations
And slew mighty kings—
11 Sihon king of the Amorites,
Og king of Bashan,
And all the kingdoms of Canaan—
12 And gave their land as a heritage,
A heritage to Israel His people.
- Lord, You are the ruler over all nations. Rulers rise and fall, but You remain.
- You destroyed the firstborn of Egypt and You made signs and wonders occur throughout the nation You judged.
- You defeated all kings that opposed You, and they fell not at the hands of Your warriors, but at the hand of God.
- You took their land, their heritage, and gave it to the people of God. You are the God above all the world, every nation, the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
- I will praise You to the saved.
- I will praise You to the unsaved.
- I will praise You to the nations.
- You, O LORD, are worthy of praise, and I will praise You!