13 Your name, O LORD, endures forever,
Your fame, O LORD, throughout all generations.
14 For the LORD will judge His people,
And He will have compassion on His servants.
15 The idols of the nations are silver and gold,
The work of men’s hands.
16 They have mouths, but they do not speak;
Eyes they have, but they do not see;
17 They have ears, but they do not hear;
Nor is there any breath in their mouths.
18 Those who make them are like them;
So is everyone who trusts in them.
- Lord, I praise You that You are eternal and never-ending. Heaven and earth may pass away, but You will not.
- Your name will be known when kings and kingdoms have long been forgotten.
- You are the righteous judge and the God of grace, mercy, and justice.
- Idols are useless, futile, and unreliable.
- Men create images that they then expect to help them in return.
- The idols of men are deaf, dumb, and blind. They cannot hear man’s prayers, they cannot answer man’s questions, and they cannot see man’s plight on the earth.
- These inanimate objects are impotent and cannot solve the ills of mankind on the earth.
- Trusting in idols is utter futility and failure.
19 Bless the LORD, O house of Israel!
Bless the LORD, O house of Aaron!
20 Bless the LORD, O house of Levi!
You who fear the LORD, bless the LORD!
21 Blessed be the LORD out of Zion,
Who dwells in Jerusalem!
Praise the LORD!
- I will bless Your house, O LORD!
- I will praise Your name among the peoples of God, and among the heathen.
- I will praise You to the nations, kings, and rulers.
- I will preach Your truth and glorify You from the pulpit.
- You are the great God, blessed among Your people, feared by the nations, and the hope of the lost!