The LORD’s Goodness to the Faithful
A Psalm of David.
1 I will praise You with my whole heart;
Before the gods I will sing praises to You.
2 I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
3 In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul.
- Lord, I will declare Your mighty acts with every fiber of my being!
- I will sing of Your greatness even in front of the temples of idols.
- I will praise You even if they reject me and boo Your name.
- I will come to Your house and worship.
- I will declare Your mercy and Your truth.
- I will lift up Your name. I know that when I call on Your name, You will hear and respond.
- Your lovingkindness makes me strong and gives me the courage to declare Your glory everywhere at all times.
4 All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O LORD,
When they hear the words of Your mouth.
5 Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD,
For great is the glory of the LORD.
6 Though the LORD is on high,
Yet He regards the lowly;
But the proud He knows from afar.
- The whole earth will one day praise You, O LORD!
- Kings and princes, presidents and prime ministers, they will all lift up Your name.
- When You speak, they will fall silent, unable to speak, and they will hear Your word and praise You.
- They will join in the chorus of believers and sing Your praises.
- YOU ARE GREAT!
- But even though You are higher than the heavens, and are beyond us, You regard our lowly state and love us and bless us.
- The proud are not so. They are known as well, but they draw the punishment of the Lord of Heaven.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
8 The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
- No matter where I go, You see me. You will revive me when I am weary and lost.
- You, O LORD, will reach out a hand of protection against my enemies.
- Lord, stop their hands from harming me or my family.
- Save me by Your mighty right hand.
- Make my ways complete and right.
- Let me see Your intervention and guidance in my life every day.
- Lord, let Your everlasting mercy flow unto me as long as I live and even through the rest of eternity.
- Watch over me, and do not forsake me.
- I trust You, Lord, and I believe in You!