1 We have heard with our ears, O God, Our fathers have told us,
The deeds You did in their days,
In days of old:
2 You drove out the nations with Your hand,
But them You planted;
You afflicted the peoples, and cast them out.
3 For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword,
Nor did their own arm save them;
But it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance,
Because You favored them.
- Lord, I have heard from generations gone by of Your great deeds in the earth.
- You have made the inheritance of Your people available by taking it from their enemies.
- They did not have to fight, but Your strength and Your light paved the way for their homeland.
- You showed them Your favor. You loved them. You gave them their greatest blessings, and so do You for me!
4 You are my King, O God;
Command victories for Jacob.
5 Through You we will push down our enemies;
Through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us.
6 For I will not trust in my bow,
Nor shall my sword save me.
7 But You have saved us from our enemies,
And have put to shame those who hated us.
8 In God we boast all day long,
And praise Your name forever.
- King Jesus, I bow before You. You are the King of my life. Pave the way for me.
- Give me victory. Push down my enemies.
- I will be victorious over all my foes, for You are my God and my King.
- My strength is not enough. But You are enough and more.
- I will not depend on my intellect, my strength, my wealth, or any other asset.
- You alone will save me, and put my enemies to shame.
- I glory in You, Lord. You are my strength. You are my Savior. I will praise You all the day long and for the rest of my existence.
- You are glorious above all others!