The Glory of God in Zion
A Song. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.
1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised
In the city of our God,
In His holy mountain.
2 Beautiful in elevation,
The joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion on the sides of the north,
The city of the great King.
3 God is in her palaces;
He is known as her refuge.
4 For behold, the kings assembled,
They passed by together.
5 They saw it, and so they marveled;
They were troubled, they hastened away.
6 Fear took hold of them there,
And pain, as of a woman in birth pangs,
7 As when You break the ships of Tarshish
With an east wind.
8 As we have heard,
So we have seen
In the city of the LORD of hosts,
In the city of our God:
God will establish it forever.
- Lord, You are greater than any being ever known to man!
- You are worthy of the highest praise and worship that can be offered.
- You are to be praised in the cities and in the country. You beautify any place where You dwell.
- Just as Jerusalem housed the temple of God, Your primary place of dwelling in the Old Testament, You now dwell within the hearts of men and women who serve You everywhere at once,
- Your Holy Spirit moves among us, drawing us to You and making us holy.
- Be with us always and we will praise You greatly.
- We long to see Your beauty and be awed by Your presence.
- We ask to be protected and enhanced in Your presence.
- Many will see Your glory in us and long to know You as well.
- Others may fear and shy away.
- But You will be the One to establish us in Your plan and will in which no one can harm us.
9 We have thought, O God, on Your lovingkindness,
In the midst of Your temple.
10 According to Your name, O God,
So is Your praise to the ends of the earth;
Your right hand is full of righteousness.
11 Let Mount Zion rejoice,
Let the daughters of Judah be glad,
Because of Your judgments.
12 Walk about Zion,
And go all around her.
Count her towers;
13 Mark well her bulwarks;
Consider her palaces;
That you may tell it to the generation following.
14 For this is God,
Our God forever and ever;
He will be our guide
Even to death.
- We meditate on You in Your presence, O LORD.
- We seek to praise You to the ends of the earth.
- We, Your children, rejoice in Your presence because of Your righteous words and deeds.
- Let me remember and declare Your majesty unto generations to come.
- Let me fondly recall what God has built in me, the beautiful house of His presence, where He dwells in this redeemed heart.
- Lord, guide me forever, and help me see Your glory in every corner of my life. You are my LORD and my God!
Artwork from https://i.pinimg.com/originals/42/39/75/42397580702e69912df8b325b6363e41.jpg AND https://user-images.strikinglycdn.com/res/hrscywv4p/image/upload/c_limit,f_auto,h_2000,q_90,w_1200/729103/4f9213eff57846acab1a675f9ebeb289_wlxfie.jpg