Answered Prayer for Deliverance from Adversaries
To the Chief Musician. With Stringed Instruments. A Contemplation of David When the Ziphites Went and Said to Saul, “Is David Not Hiding with Us?”
1 Save me, O God, by Your name,
And vindicate me by Your strength.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
Give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers have risen up against me,
And oppressors have sought after my life;
They have not set God before them.
- Lord, I have been overrun by oppressors on every side.
- They speak evil of me and seek to take away my life as I know it.
- Save me from my enemies! Vindicate me, for they oppose me wrongfully.
- Make Yourself known to them, for they act as if You do not exist!
4 Behold, God is my helper;
The Lord is with those who uphold my life.
5 He will repay my enemies for their evil.
Cut them off in Your truth.
6 I will freely sacrifice to You;
I will praise Your name, O LORD, for it is good.
7 For He has delivered me out of all trouble;
And my eye has seen its desire upon my enemies.
- You are my Helper, and no one else can save me.
- Reward those who defend me.
- Eliminate those who oppose me in their evil schemes.
- I will offer my sacrifices of praise and service unto You, O LORD.
- I will lift up Your name and glorify You always.
- Deliver me out of my trouble until I see my enemies scattered before me.
- You are my God, my source, my strength, and my defense.
- Blessed be Your name!