1 Give ear to my prayer, O God,
And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
2 Attend to me, and hear me;
I am restless in my complaint, and moan noisily,
3 Because of the voice of the enemy,
Because of the oppression of the wicked;
For they bring down trouble upon me,
And in wrath they hate me.
- Lord, when I am restless and anxious, please hear my prayer.
- My enemies make me fearful in their hate and spiteful actions.
- Let me know You are there, lending Your ear to my complaint.
4 My heart is severely pained within me,
And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me,
And horror has overwhelmed me.
6 So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
7 Indeed, I would wander far off,
And remain in the wilderness.
- Lord, I want to run away from my problem, but there is nowhere to go.
- I feel like my heart is about to explode, and I am terrified of where this problem may take me.
- Take me away on Your strong wings and deliver me from my oppressors.
- Lead me through this wilderness and hide me from my enemies. I have no desire to live in this pain.
- Let me rest in Your presence and be safe.
- In Your presence, I sit calmly and meditate on Your great love for me. Thank you for Your love and protection!