13 But as for me, my prayer is to You,
O LORD, in the acceptable time;
O God, in the multitude of Your mercy,
Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.
14 Deliver me out of the mire,
And let me not sink;
Let me be delivered from those who hate me,
And out of the deep waters.
15 Let not the floodwater overflow me,
Nor let the deep swallow me up;
And let not the pit shut its mouth on me.
- Lord, although I am attacked on every side in my innocence, I know that You are my source.
- I pray to no one but You. When it is the right time for Your mercy to be extended, let me see You bringing my deliverance.
- Hear me, deliver me, stop the haters and stay the flow of the flood that would carry me away to my ruin.
- Keep me from the pit of destruction and set my feet in a dry and firm place.
16 Hear me, O LORD, for Your lovingkindness is good;
Turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.
17 And do not hide Your face from Your servant,
For I am in trouble;
Hear me speedily.
18 Draw near to my soul, and redeem it;
Deliver me because of my enemies.
- Your mercy is great beyond any blessing I could receive.
- Show me Your face in my time of trouble.
- Give me a quick answer, for I feel the waves of destruction crashing over me.
- Be near me, Lord, and redeem my life from my enemies.
- You are my strength, my source, my salvation.
19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor;
My adversaries are all before You.
20 Reproach has broken my heart,
And I am full of heaviness;
I looked for someone to take pity, but there was none;
And for comforters, but I found none.
21 They also gave me gall for my food,
And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
22 Let their table become a snare before them,
And their well-being a trap.
23 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see;
And make their loins shake continually.
24 Pour out Your indignation upon them,
And let Your wrathful anger take hold of them.
25 Let their dwelling place be desolate;
Let no one live in their tents.
26 For they persecute the ones You have struck,
And talk of the grief of those You have wounded.
27 Add iniquity to their iniquity,
And let them not come into Your righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living,
And not be written with the righteous.
- You are aware of my frailty, my mistakes, my shame.
- My enemies have assassinated my character and besmirched my name.
- I am desperate and heavy.
- No one feels my pain, and my detractors laugh and mock at me.
- They pour salt in my wounds and give me vinegar as a drink.
- Take away their smirks and their lavish living, and pour out Your wrath.
- Bring fear upon them, and take away their wealth.
- Lord, I do not ask for their lives, but I do ask that You stop their destructive ways.
- Lord, I know that I deserve all the trouble that I receive. My punishment from You is welcome, but my grief at the hands of others…please deliver me!
- Help me to forgive those who work against me, but as the same time I ask that Your stop their evil actions and set me feet on a prosperous path again. You are my source. You are my Rock. You are my strength.
Artwork from https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JPb4YvCs3jI/maxresdefault.jpg