29 But I am poor and sorrowful;
Let Your salvation, O God, set me up on high.
30 I will praise the name of God with a song,
And will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
31 This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bull,
Which has horns and hooves.
32 The humble shall see this and be glad;
And you who seek God, your hearts shall live.
33 For the LORD hears the poor,
And does not despise His prisoners.
- Lord, in my season of woe, as I am oppressed on every side, save me!
- I feel simply poor and sorrowful.
- I will praise You and magnify You. I will offer thanks with all of my being.
- I will not offer an animal as a sacrifice, but I will offer my heart.
- Let all those around me see this act of worship and follow suit. You are my great God, and I long to declare Your greatness to the masses.
- Give me the strength to encourage the poor and lift the spirits of those in prison.
34 Let heaven and earth praise Him,
The seas and everything that moves in them.
35 For God will save Zion
And build the cities of Judah,
That they may dwell there and possess it.
36 Also, the descendants of His servants shall inherit it,
And those who love His name shall dwell in it.
- Lord, help me to ring out Your praises to all beings in the earth.
- Help us to praise You together until the heavens are filled with cries of Your greatness.
- Save us in our time of need. Establish our lives and our inheritance.
- Let our children cry out to You as well, and let them inherit the great blessings of God just as we have experienced them.
- Your works are beyond comprehension and Your love is deeper than any other.
- Let us glory in You day after day and see Your glory appear in all the earth.