Glory and Universality of the Messiah’s Reign
A Psalm Of Solomon.
1 Give the king Your judgments, O God,
And Your righteousness to the king’s Son.
2 He will judge Your people with righteousness,
And Your poor with justice.
- God, grant me the ability to lead in righteousness, and that those who follow me should lead in ways that embrace my successes and build on them, while not embracing practices I employed that led to mistakes or failures.
- Let the legacy begin in me and flourish in those who will follow.
- Also, give this type of leadership to our country, our state, our local leadership, and our world.
- Help me to lead justly, treating each member the same and regarding no one higher than others.
- Help me to see all races, genders, and even religions (or lack thereof) as being worthy of your grace.
- Help me to champion the cause of the unheard and undefended, and to right wrongs where I can each day.
- Help me to lead with justice as one of my core goals for each day. Empower me to level my world by helping the arrogant to embrace humility, and by lifting the hopes and ambitions of the poor and oppressed.
- Help me to be an agent of change.
- Show me your ways, and help me to make a difference, especially in the areas of life (abortion, genocide, euthanasia) and race relations (racism, bigotry, prejudice).
3 The mountains will bring peace to the people,
And the little hills, by righteousness.
4 He will bring justice to the poor of the people;
He will save the children of the needy,
And will break in pieces the oppressor.
- When the king, the land, its leaders, and its subjects all operate in holiness, righteousness, and justice, the harmony brought by this cooperative union will be astounding in its peacefulness and its unity.
- Lord, help me to be an agent of righteousness and justice, and help me to bring harmony to my community and my world!
- Lord, help all leaders, including me, to fulfill this passage: justice to the poor, salvation to needy children, deliverance from oppression in all the land. Help me, God, to take measures to meet the needs of those less fortunate and to somehow find a way to pull the beaten and robbed from the ditch, while showing those with power the needs of the same in order to build a connection and make a difference.
5 They shall fear You
As long as the sun and moon endure,
Throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the grass before mowing,
Like showers that water the earth.
7 In His days the righteous shall flourish,
And abundance of peace,
Until the moon is no more.
- Lord, help us–as a nation–to fear You and serve You in holiness.
- Make us understand Your greatness and walk in Your will for as long as the earth endures.
- Send Your blessings of provision and promise into our lives as we follow You.
- We hope to flourish and be in peace, as a reflection of Your glory.
- Let it be, Lord, until there is no more sun or moon or earth, and then let us live with You in heaven for eternity!
Artwork from https://storage.googleapis.com/pverse/verses/m/a/may-he-defend-the-cause-of-the-poor-of-the-people-give-deliverance-to-the-c-esv-16627.jpg