1 O God, why have You cast us off forever?
Why does Your anger smoke against the sheep of Your pasture?
2 Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old,
The tribe of Your inheritance, which You have redeemed—
This Mount Zion where You have dwelt.
3 Lift up Your feet to the perpetual desolations.
The enemy has damaged everything in the sanctuary.
4 Your enemies roar in the midst of Your meeting place;
They set up their banners for signs.
5 They seem like men who lift up
Axes among the thick trees.
6 And now they break down its carved work, all at once,
With axes and hammers.
7 They have set fire to Your sanctuary;
They have defiled the dwelling place of Your name to the ground.
8 They said in their hearts,
“Let us destroy them altogether.”
They have burned up all the meeting places of God in the land.
- Lord, today I feel alone. Where are you, Lord, and why are You not here with me?
- I realize that You are the Omnipresent God, always everywhere at all times, yet I do not feel Your love and protection right now.
- Help me, Lord to know You even when I do not see You or feel You.
- Do not be angry with me, O LORD, for I love You and need You always.
- Remember me. Remember us, Lord, for we cannot survive without You.
- Come to our desolate places that have been destroyed by our enemies.
- Our enemies are loud and obnoxious. They protest against us and mock us and You, O LORD.
- They would destroy your churches and end the meetings of the people of God.
- Give us victory in this day and help us to stand firm, even when the enemies without work against us.
- Help us, the church, to stand up for truth and righteousness in this last day.
- Our hope is in You!
Artwork from https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8ok_ZHUYAYAo6A.png