9 We do not see our signs;
There is no longer any prophet;
Nor is there any among us who knows how long.
10 O God, how long will the adversary reproach?
Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever?
11 Why do You withdraw Your hand, even Your right hand?
Take it out of Your bosom and destroy them.
12 For God is my King from of old,
Working salvation in the midst of the earth.
13 You divided the sea by Your strength;
You broke the heads of the sea serpents in the waters.
14 You broke the heads of Leviathan in pieces,
And gave him as food to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
15 You broke open the fountain and the flood;
You dried up mighty rivers.
16 The day is Yours, the night also is Yours;
You have prepared the light and the sun.
17 You have set all the borders of the earth;
You have made summer and winter.
- I cannot hear or see any revelation, Lord.
- I long for a word from You, a word telling me how long our enemies will blaspheme Your name and reproach the people of God.
- Why do You withhold Your vengeance? How can You sit idly by while Your enemies rage?
- Take Your powerful right hand out of Your pocket and exact punishment upon them!
- You have been supreme for all of time. You created the earth. You saved or redeemed the earth. You parted the sea and destroyed creatures by Your sovereignty.
- You brought the flood upon the earth, and yet You also dried up rivers to demonstrate Your power over nature.
- All the earth, its seasons, and the rising and setting of the sun and the moon are all at Your behest.
- O LORD, You are mighty and powerful above all others. It is You that I trust. It is You that can deliver me. You are the only source of my help and life. Save me, O LORD, and help me to survive all attacks and thrive in the midst of the battle. Save me, God, from those who would destroy me!