1 I cried out to God with my voice—To God with my voice;
And He gave ear to me.
2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing;
My soul refused to be comforted.
3 I remembered God, and was troubled;
I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed.
- Lord, I lift up my voice and cry out to You.
- I know You hear me, for You are a faithful God, the faithful God, One and Only.
- When I am in trouble, I call unto You, for You will save me.
- Lord, I have stayed awake at night, uncertain of my destination. I have been without comfort in the night watches.
- But although I am troubled, I remember that You are my faithful and glorious God. Nothing is too hard for You.
- When I am overwhelmed, remind me of Your grace, Your power, Your provision.
- Help me to see the future that You will provide and not sorrow in the present I see before me. Lift my eyes so that I see life from Your perspective. Your eyes see past the despair. Give me Your eyes!
- I will pause in the moments of trouble and think on Your rescue and provision in times past. You have never failed me.