4 You hold my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5 I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times.
6 I call to remembrance my song in the night;
I meditate within my heart,
And my spirit makes diligent search.
- When I am weary, Lord, give me strength.
- When I cannot speak, give me utterance.
- I meditate on my life and the lives of my ancestors.
- I remember the dark times when life did not seem livable.
- I search for the answer to my questions, the song of my heart, the supply of my need, and I find it only in You.
- My spirit longs for Your Spirit. Come near me, Lord, and give me life and strength. You alone are my source.
7 Will the Lord cast off forever?
And will He be favorable no more?
8 Has His mercy ceased forever?
Has His promise failed forevermore?
9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?
- Will you leave me in the quiet of my uncertainty?
- Will your favor be far from me?
- Has the supply of Your mercy dried up and ceased to be available?
- I know Your promises never fail.
- Your grace is unlimited and full.
- Your anger is but for a moment, and Your tender mercy and love are for forever.
- Let me sense Your great grace and mercy in my moment of trouble and uncertainty.
- Give me Your favor and the promise of Your goodness.
- You are my wonderful Lord. In moments where I tend to forget, remind me of Your faithfulness and great love.
- I will trust in You!