16 The waters saw You, O God;
The waters saw You, they were afraid;
The depths also trembled.
17 The clouds poured out water;
The skies sent out a sound;
Your arrows also flashed about.
18 The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lit up the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
19 Your way was in the sea,
Your path in the great waters,
And Your footsteps were not known.
20 You led Your people like a flock
By the hand of Moses and Aaron.
- Lord, the whole earth is in awe of You!
- The waters, flowing and deep, are fearful of You, trembling before You.
- The skies and the clouds within them pour out water, and thunder and lightning crash and flash at the mere suggestion of Your thoughts.
- The hurricane and the tornado bear Your voice.
- Your word forced lightning to flash in the sky.
- Earthquakes rock the land when You move in our midst.
- You wandered through the sea and parted the waters.
- Your footprints are too large for us to fathom, and Your path is a mystery to us.
- You have always led Your people, though, and have made a way for us.
- Lead us, now, O LORD. Help us navigate the treacherous path set before us. Show us the way that we might not fail.
- Thank You for Your provision, protection, and direction in our lives!