17 But they sinned even more against Him
By rebelling against the Most High in the wilderness.
18 And they tested God in their heart
By asking for the food of their fancy.
19 Yes, they spoke against God:
They said, “Can God prepare a table in the wilderness?
20 Behold, He struck the rock,
So that the waters gushed out,
And the streams overflowed.
Can He give bread also?
Can He provide meat for His people?”
- Lord, keep my heart pure. Keep my motives clean and my spirit and actions holy.
- I do not want You to find me unworthy. I do not need anything other than Your presence and Your love.
- You have never let me down and You will not let me down in the future.
- I will not question You or Your abilities.
- If You gave Israel food and water in the wilderness, and parted the waters for them, surely You can provide for me and protect me and my family.
- I trust You completely.
21 Therefore the LORD heard this and was furious;
So a fire was kindled against Jacob,
And anger also came up against Israel,
22 Because they did not believe in God,
And did not trust in His salvation.
23 Yet He had commanded the clouds above,
And opened the doors of heaven,
24 Had rained down manna on them to eat,
And given them of the bread of heaven.
25 Men ate angels’ food;
He sent them food to the full.
- Do not be angry with me. Keep me in Your will regardless of my inconsistencies.
- Keep me on the straight and narrow, and help me to appreciate Your power and glory.
- Let me never forget the blessings and protection of Your powerful love and grace.
- You have fed and clothed me, given me joy and peace, and You have walked with me through the most dangerous moments of my life.
- I will remember You!
26 He caused an east wind to blow in the heavens;
And by His power He brought in the south wind.
27 He also rained meat on them like the dust,
Feathered fowl like the sand of the seas;
28 And He let them fall in the midst of their camp,
All around their dwellings.
29 So they ate and were well filled,
For He gave them their own desire.
30 They were not deprived of their craving;
But while their food was still in their mouths,
31 The wrath of God came against them,
And slew the stoutest of them,
And struck down the choice men of Israel.
- You make the soft winds blow on my life. They bring me food to eat and bread for my sustenance.
- Lord, You have given me everything that I need. You are the supply to my lack, the strength for my weakness, the light to my darkness.
- You satisfy my holy cravings, and my physical needs.
- If I doubt You or forget to praise You, I know I will suffer.
- To the best of my ability, I will lift You up and glory in You alone.
- You are my source and my strength. I need You!