32 In spite of this they still sinned,
And did not believe in His wondrous works.
33 Therefore their days He consumed in futility,
And their years in fear.
- Lord, I do not want to sin against You. Help me to never forget Your great acts toward me and my people.
- I do not want to disappear into oblivion because of my lack of belief.
- You are my only hope. Help me to exercise faith at all times.
34 When He slew them, then they sought Him;
And they returned and sought earnestly for God.
35 Then they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.
36 Nevertheless they flattered Him with their mouth,
And they lied to Him with their tongue;
37 For their heart was not steadfast with Him,
Nor were they faithful in His covenant.
38 But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity,
And did not destroy them.
Yes, many a time He turned His anger away,
And did not stir up all His wrath;
39 For He remembered that they were but flesh,
A breath that passes away and does not come again.
- A lack of faith will destroy me. Your judgment is more severe than I can take.
- I will search earnestly for You, O LORD, and look for Your face in all places.
- You are my Rock and my Redeemer. You are the Most High God!
- Lord, strengthen me that I may never lie to You, nor try to impress You. I cannot impress You. My very existence is only because of Your grace.
- Help me, please, O LORD, to remain faithful to You. Keep me true to our covenant.
- Forgive us in Your mercy and compassion. Let Your wrath turn away from us and spare us from your vengeance.
- I am flesh and fallible. I do not have the ability to live in perfect harmony with You. Help me to live within Your grace. Make me to know Your will and follow You to the best of my ability. If I fail, let me experience Your grace in the fullest way possible.
- Convict me and make me know my sin, and then forgive me and make me understand the depth of Your mercy. I cannot do anything without You!