40 How often they provoked Him in the wilderness,
And grieved Him in the desert!
41 Yes, again and again they tempted God,
And limited the Holy One of Israel.
42 They did not remember His power:
The day when He redeemed them from the enemy,
43 When He worked His signs in Egypt,
And His wonders in the field of Zoan;
44 Turned their rivers into blood,
And their streams, that they could not drink.
45 He sent swarms of flies among them, which devoured them,
And frogs, which destroyed them.
46 He also gave their crops to the caterpillar,
And their labor to the locust.
47 He destroyed their vines with hail,
And their sycamore trees with frost.
48 He also gave up their cattle to the hail,
And their flocks to fiery lightning.
49 He cast on them the fierceness of His anger,
Wrath, indignation, and trouble,
By sending angels of destruction among them.
50 He made a path for His anger;
He did not spare their soul from death,
But gave their life over to the plague,
51 And destroyed all the firstborn in Egypt,
The first of their strength in the tents of Ham.
52 But He made His own people go forth like sheep,
And guided them in the wilderness like a flock;
53 And He led them on safely, so that they did not fear;
But the sea overwhelmed their enemies.
54 And He brought them to His holy border,
This mountain which His right hand had acquired.
55 He also drove out the nations before them,
Allotted them an inheritance by survey,
And made the tribes of Israel dwell in their tents.
- Lord, over the years Your people have transgressed horribly, grieving You, tempting You, limiting Your ability to bless them.
- Help me, Lord, to never doubt You or forget Your power and ability to save.
- Lord, You were able to overwhelm Egypt with plagues. You turned their rivers to blood, sent flies and caterpillars and frogs and locusts.
- You sent hail, frost, lightning, and the angel of destruction to kill their firstborn children.
- Lord, You rain down judgment and justice upon all who work against You and doubt You.
- You led Your people out of Egypt and through the wilderness, keeping them safe and destroying the armies of Egypt who pursued them.
- You brought them to the Promised Land and drove out the nations before them. You delivered them and supplied all their needs.
- Lord, I believe You to do the same thing for me and my family.
- Help me never to doubt You. Help me to always trust You in all things at all times. You are a great and mighty God and I will never deny or betray You!