4 O LORD God of hosts,
How long will You be angry
Against the prayer of Your people?
5 You have fed them with the bread of tears,
And given them tears to drink in great measure.
6 You have made us a strife to our neighbors,
And our enemies laugh among themselves.
- Lord, I have called out to You in my distress.
- I know You are there, but I cannot see You or feel You in this moment.
- How long will You allow me to mourn my circumstance alone?
- How long will I need to hold on by a thread for my victory?
- I have cried, I have groaned, I have worried, I have been anxious, but still I do not hear Your response.
- I am a laughing stock among my enemies and my people. They think my faith is unfounded and useless.
- Help me, O LORD, to be restored I pray.
7 Restore us, O God of hosts;
Cause Your face to shine,
And we shall be saved!
- Again, I ask that Your face would shine upon us to restore us.
- Let Your light warm our dead, cold existence and bring life to our nearly dead circumstance.
- If You do, we will be saved. If not, we will die still believing You for our victory.
- Come near, O LORD, and show the world that those who believe in You will be saved.
- I trust You regardless of what I see or don’t see, what I feel or don’t feel. Come to me, dear Lord, I pray!