8 You have brought a vine out of Egypt;
You have cast out the nations, and planted it.
9 You prepared room for it,
And caused it to take deep root,
And it filled the land.
10 The hills were covered with its shadow,
And the mighty cedars with its boughs.
11 She sent out her boughs to the Sea,
And her branches to the River.
- Lord, Your people were taken from a land of bondage, of sin, of slavery.
- They were transplanted into a land occupied by others.
- You made room for Your people, planted them firmly, and made them to fill the land of their promise.
- The people of God spread their influence over all the known world.
- Lord, bless us again and help us to influence the world and reap a harvest of souls.
12 Why have You broken down her hedges,
So that all who pass by the way pluck her fruit?
13 The boar out of the woods uproots it,
And the wild beast of the field devours it.
- Lord, why have you removed Your hand and broken down Your walls of protection?
- Why are we alone in this cruel and undisciplined world?
- Why do evil people take our bounty and pluck our inheritance from our hands?
- We are hurting and weak, and do not know why?
- We trust You, Lord, and we know You care about us. However, we cannot see You or Your effect on us. Will You come near us again?