Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
- Lord, You are my protection and my refuge.
- I long to dwell with You in the secret place of the heights of heaven.
- I want to hide under Your shelter from the heat of the day and the storm of the night.
- You are my refuge and strength, my fortress in warfare.
- Lord, deliver me from those who will set a trap for me.
- Spare me from the disease that floods our land.
- Cover me and hide me from the trouble that threatens me.
- I hide in You. I will not fear, for You watch over me and protect me.
- No weapon shall harm me, no disease will afflict me, no destruction shall overtake me.
- I am safe in You!
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
- Lord, I do not fear the war that rages around me. I know that no matter how many fall around me, You will protect me from the battle.
- The sword will not touch me as long as You are my defense.
- I will see my enemies, the enemies of the Lord, receive the reward for their sin.
- You are my dwelling place for all times. Your walls will not be stormed, Your doors will not be burst down.
- No evil shall come near me, and I will be safe.
- Your angels will watch over me, just as they watched over You in Your ministry on earth.
- I will not fear vicious animals or vicious men who seek my harn, nor will I run from them or the danger they threaten when Your angels are with me.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
- I love You, Lord, and I know You will take care of me.
- I will be set in places of influence and authority for Your glory.
- I know You hear my prayers and will answer when I call.
- When trouble knocks at my door, You will answer that trouble and deliver me.
- Give me long life that I may serve You and win souls from sin and to Your kingdom.
- Save me from my enemies and from myself.
- I trust You and rely on You for all things and for all time.
- You are my Savior and my Protector, and I believe in You!